Well the PNS season is almost upon us and for those of you who require any additional psyche up (we are already far too excited), here is a list of our favorite surf movies available on You Tube.
We have tried to compile a list of movies that covers many different aspects of surfing so put your feet up and enjoy your night – it’s all here, with Two All – Female Surf Movies too!
1. Moments – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Quiksilver’s team riders. Beautifully edited. Make sure you do not miss Clay Marzo section.
2. Moments 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
This time it’s the Craig Anderson section that will have your jaw on the floor and it’s got one of our favorite Kelly sections too.
3. The Distant Shores – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Surfer magazine’s movie with an inspiring section about a lone movie making former pro, surfing in Iceland. If this movie doesn’t make you want to go to Indo and get barrelled then we don’t know what will.
4. Electric Blue Heaven – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
A short conceptual piece from Globe of Dion Agius in the Dubai wave pool. If you like that sort of thing.
5. Get-N Classic Vol. 1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
The first movie from the guys at Vans. We particularly love the Shipsterns section in Tazmania.
6. Get-N Classic Vol.2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
A great all round movie from Vans again, this time it is the HUGE Cloudbreak in Fiji from last year that will blow your mind.
7. Leave A Message – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
The most high performance girls surf movie out there – Watch Carissa Moore get towed in at Jaws for a big wave moment too.
8. Dane Reynolds Surf Film – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
25 minutes of everyone’s favorite free surfer. Pop it on repeat and Enjoy!
9. Cancer To Capricorn – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
A glimpse in to the life of Mick Fanning, Rob Machado and the rest of The Reef team as they travel the World in search of waves.
10. Hurricane Sandy South Florida – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
A cool little short of what can happen before a hurricane hits land. East Coast represent!
11. Cypher Vision – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
It’s a few years old now but we still love this footage of Dane, Kelly, Jeremy Flores and Julian Wilson shot in super slo mo way down in Mexico. We love the bit where you can see how much Julian Wilson’s board flexes when he lands an air on the lip.
12. Biggest Teahupoo Ever on Phantom Cam – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
No explanation necessary with this one. It does what it says on the label – Mind blowing stuff.
13. Kelly Slater 11 x World Champion – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
If you don’t know who Kelly Slater is then you need to watch this. Footage from Kelly’s world title campaign highlights of 2011.
14. 2012 Hot 100 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Surfer magazine’s annual round up of the movers and shakers in the Grom division. It will either make you wanna surf or cry these kids are so good.
15. No Filter – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Fox team riders Ian Walsh, Damien Hobgood and Bede Durbridge.
16. Dispatch – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Oakley team surfers Jordy Smith, Sebastian Zietz, Adam Melling, Bruce Irons, Kolohe Andino and Julian Wilson among others get up to the usual wave riding shenanigans all over the world.
17. The Dark Side Of The Lens – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Relentless Energy Drink fuels this short Surf Story of cold water surf photographer, Mickey Smith made this stunning short film in Ireland about what he does and why.
18. Shimmer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?
A few years old now but after Leave a Message, our favourite girls surf movie for sure. Check out teeny wahinie Carissa Moore rippin’ already at age ***
19. Daze at Sea – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Documenting a year traveling to destinations like France, Indonesia, Australia, California and Hawaii, it’s not a bad gig for the Billabong sponsored youngsters.
20. Blow Up – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Another Billabong movie, this time showcasing the next generation of talent starring Creed McTaggart, Ryan Callinan, Ian Gentil, Jack Freestone, Laurie Towner and Granger Larsen. The future of surfing is here.
21. Kerrazy Kronicles – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
He’s an up and comer on the WCT and certainly up in the air above the lip for a lot of his career too. This is an aerial surfing extravagantza by Aussie, Josh Kerr.
22. Seven Ghosts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
You have to see it to believe it – Witness the greatest river bore tubes ever surfed.
Let us know if there are any you think we have missed…
If this doesn’t cure your surfing fix- not to worry! We still have a few spots open in our fall sessions!